It is our pleasure to invite you to the 8th scientific conference Methodology and Archaeometry which will take place on 3rd and 4th of December 2020 at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Zagreb
The scientific conference Methodology and Archaeometry is being organised by the Department of Archaeology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Zagreb since 2013. The goal of the conference is to entice interdisciplinarity, critical thinking, new insights and approaches as well as new theoretical frameworks in contemporary archaeological science. Coverage of a wide spectrum of themes and scientific disciplines has resulted in papers and discussions that promote scientific issues in the fields of methodology, documentation and interpretation of archaeological data.
The interdisciplinary character of the conference brings together archaeologists and researchers from other scientific disciplines with whom archaeologists collaborate closely; and who – through their work, projects and ideas – promote new insights about the interpretation of the human life in the past.
The main questions this section is aimed to address are:
- 1. Archaeological methodology: Recent trends and continuous problems
- 2. Interpreting archaeological record
- 3. Misuse of the archaeological record
- 4. Archaeological heritage management standards
- 5. Data sharing in archaeology: Open access digital repositories
- 6. Experimental archaeology
- 7. Technological advances and underwater archaeology
The main questions of this session are:
- 1. Raw material provenance studies
- 2. Archaeological methodology in the interpretation of archaeometric studies
- 3. Technological studies
- 4. Radiocarbon analysis and interpretation
Please send the summaries of your oral presentations and posters by the 1st of October 2020 to the e-mail address email@example.com
Abstracts should be submitted according to the following structure:
- Author details: full name, organization, address, email
- Title: choose a title that reflects the main message of the abstract
- Keywords: please include 4-6 key words
- Text: should not exceed 300 words
All summaries will be published in the abstract book and available at the web site of the conference.
The official language of the conference is English. There is no registration fee.